Yeah, those dry flakes that fall on your shoulders or appear on your hair strands and scalp- dandruff. Sometimes these are accompanied with itchiness and reddening of the scalp- and none of us like it.
Today’s blog is pretty much about how to treat dandruff effectively- at home.
To begin with, my first advice to all those who suffer from this annoying scalp condition is ‘avoid excessive oiling of the head and not keep the oil on your head for long hours’. Oiling can only make the condition worse. Dandruff is different from the dry flakes. It is mainly caused due to excessive oil on the scalp whereas the dry flakes mostly occur when the scalp is dry.
In this blog, I am trying to deal with Dandruff.
Home remedies might take time to show but they are absolutely safe for a long term use where there is no damage to the hair shafts.
1) Vinegar– The most effective remedy is to mix vinegar and water in equal amounts and apply it on the scalp. Keep it on for 30 mins at least before washing the hair. You can also add few drops of Vinegar to your shampoo before your hair wash.
2) Garlic– I know you hate the smell but trust me, it is worth a try! Its anti-fungal properties enable it to tackle this condition effectively. You can crush 3-4 pods of garlic and mix it with honey and apply to the scalp. Leave it on for 30 in and use a mild shampoo to wash it off. In this case, honey also acts as a moisturizer for the hair.
3) Neem– Probably an obvious choice in many households. You can take few leaves and boil it in water. You can use this water to rinse your hair. You can also use a neem paste but as it is too strong, you could mix it with yogurt and apply this mask to the scalp and wash.
4) Tea Tree and Lemon– Again a powerful combination. Squeeze half a lime (or use a full lemon) and add few drops of Tea tree oil and apply it to the scalp. This I would suggest that you keep not more than 20 mins and then wash.
5) Multani Mitti– You can make a paste of multani mitti and water and to this paste, add few drops of lemon and apply on the scalp. This mixture has clarifying effects and gets rid of excess oil.
And if you are feeling lazy to try these you can try using –
– Ancient Living Anti Dandruff pack enriched with Organic Neem and Amla
– Indus Valley Anti Dandruff Shampoo
– Anti Dandruff Shampoo with Aloe and Cleansing Lemon
Hope you like this one people. And one more important piece of advice- please do not stress, as stress can make this condition worse. Love yourself, keep smiling….